My name is Chris (Steiny) and I am a pellet smoker.

SmokinSteiny

Bought my Traeger Deluxe about 6 months ago and love it minus the temp swings. Unfortunately I only get to smoke every 6 months for a month due to deployment. So still learning the ways. Recently stumbled upon Big Poppa Smokers, website and have to say maybe I bought my Traeger without enough research into the others. Think I'm gonna have to get a 2 Star General when all said and done. Getting ready to take my leave coming up in acouple months and already order some stuff from Big Poppa and also got about 80lbs of pellets awaiting my arrival, only thing needs is a trip to the local butcher! Look forward to being part of this site and reading yawl's recipes and posts!!!:cool:

MossyMO

Glad your here SmokinSteiny, welcome to PelletSmoking!
Look forward to your posts and just want to say a big thank you for your service!

Last edited:

Rip

Hey Chris, welcome to the forum! You can even out the Traeger temp swings somewhat by adding firebricks to the pit, do a search on firebricks for more details. That said, I love my MAK!

SmokinSteiny

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes. Yeah Right before I left I threw a bunch of firebricks in there but shortly after I had to leave again so didn't really get a chance to play with it after that much. Even if that did help alot I think I'd still have to trade up for the MAK looking at videos and such they just look so awesome! Love the cold smoke box, and the searing side aswell. Just overall seems like a much better product but I guess you get what you pay for! Once again Thanks everyone!!!

Top Bottom