My name is Michael and I am a pellet smoker.

karmacoma

Been lurking for quite some time, reading recipes, and saving my coin.

Just bought a 2012 2-Star General MAK Pack from BPS last week. UPS Freight called yesterday and I now sit here today salivating, er, waiting for delivery.

I also ordered a Thermoworks BBQ thermometer kit, rib rack, upper rack, Double Secret steak rub, Money, and Happy Ending to round it out so I'd be ready for a smoke.

My former employer is worse than the cable guy, telling me that they'll be here with 185 lbs. of awesomeness between the hours of 9am and noon. The anticipation is horrible! It's like Xmas as a kid all over again! I can't wait to assemble it, break it in and fire it up! :D

Any tips or tricks for a guy new to pellet cooking?

RickB

Gongrats! Your going to love it. Post lots of pics.

Oh i almost forgot......You must cook pig candy for your first cook. Dont want no bad juju around your Mak!

Last edited:

Kite

Congratulations! I bought my first pellet cooker (a Memphis Pro) a couple of weeks ago. I have cooked on it twice and am absolutely in love (don't tell my wife)!

So Cal Smoker

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new grill/smoker. You're about to start a journey that will last a life time and provide you with chest pounding pride. Good luck and good smoking.

Chili Head

Welcome and congrats on your new smoker!
The food you are about to prepare on your MAK will be better than you ever thought possible.

Top Bottom