My name is Paul, and I became a pellet smoker today

sptucker

Hello all,

As a near-professional lurker and over-analyzer, I finally took the plunge today and took delivery of MAK 2 Star #1795. Local dealer made me a deal I absolutely could not refuse (sorry BPS, I will try to make it up to you...)!

I grill multiple times per week, and I have owned a tank-like stick burner found in an Albertson's back parking lot since about 1996, so I am no stranger to low 'n slow the old-fashioned way. Looking forward to many new adventures on this amazing MAK machine.

Got 'er seasoned and ready to go already, just in time to leave town for a week :mad: First cook will have to wait...

Thanks to TentHunter and, of course, MAK DADDY for your patience letting me pick your brains.

Paul

TentHunter

Welcome to the forum, Paul!

You are going to love that new 2 Star. It'll make low & slow cooking easy.

P.S. Make Big Poppa your source for pellets and I guarantee you won't regret it. The BBQer's Delight are simply the best pellets out there and the free shipping is hard to beat.

sptucker

You are going to love that new 2 Star. It'll make low & slow cooking easy.

That's the plan! I will be using the SMOKE setting and taking a chill pill frequently. No more adding sticks and fiddling with dampers!

Kinda looking forward to trying out the flame zone for some grilling, too...

Top Bottom