New around here...but not new to burning pellets

SeenRed

Hello from NE Oklahoma. I've been smoking on one kind of pit or another for years: stick burner, gasser, electric, and charcoal. My primary rig now is a Rec Tec, purchased about a year ago. I'm completely sold on pellet pits...kinda doubt I'll ever go back to stick burning. I like my RT a lot...but my dream pit would be a Memphis Elite or Pro. Those are way outside my budget for now...but maybe some day.

I belong to several other forums dedicated to smoking food. Kinda stumbled across this one by accident. Looks like a good community...happy to be here. I enjoy sharing info and ideas with other pellet burners...thanks for having me!

Red

Last edited by a moderator:

SeenRed

OK...here's a little Pron to kick things off (if I can figure out the photo post thing):

My Rec Tec in action:

A folding front shelf I installed...about the only mod I've made to the RT:

Fatties:

Smoked Hot Wings:

St. Louis Spares:

With a batch of jalapeno poppers (or ABT's, depending on the company you keep):

Reverse Seared Ribeyes:

Chuck Roast:

Hopefully I got the photo upload thing figured out.

Enjoy!

Red

Last edited:

SeenRed

Well I can't see the photos in my post...someone please direct me to where I can figure out what I did wrong. I tried to upload the pics from photobucket...but must have missed a proper step or something.

Red

Edit: Got the photo posting thing figured out...thanks MattBPS!

Last edited:

MattBPS

Red,

Here are a couple links we have here on the site that might be able to help you out with posting the pictures....

http://www.pelletsmoking.com/pellet...st-pictures-hat-tip-flbentrider-writing-3818/

http://www.pelletsmoking.com/pellet...rum-showing-current-process-photobucket-3833/

Well I can't see the photos in my post...someone please direct me to where I can figure out what I did wrong. I tried to upload the pics from photobucket...but must have missed a proper step or something.

Red

So Cal Smoker

That RT is a beauty and those ribs and ribeye look great. That fatty is picture perfect. Welcome to the forum Red you're going to fit in just fine. Thanks for sharing.

SeenRed

Thanks for the welcomes, folks! I like the food pron too!

And thanks scooter for fixing my title typo...

Red

Top Bottom