New arrival ..

conszp

Today is the day … my Yoder YS640 gets delivered .. tonight I’ll do the burn in and season her ..and tomorrow start having fun . .. can’t wait …
:cool:

conszp

never used a pellet smoker before.. always been a stick smoker . .. may need some advice on it .. cant wait to play around with it ... how is grilling on it ? hotdogs and hamburgers ? planning on using it also as my everyday grill and kicking the gas grill to the curve ...

TentHunter

Can't wait to see you fire that puppy up and smoke some vittles!

never used a pellet smoker before.. always been a stick smoker . .. may need some advice on it ..

It's no biggie. The biggest difference is your digital control will be tending the fire for you. Just treat it like you would your stick smoker and you will learn what adjustments you need to make.

Last edited:

sparky

thats great. brand new smoker. ya. what fun. 1st smoke on all new smokers should be pig candy. good stuff maynard.

conszp

She has arrived.. Feel like the birth of a new one.. Can't stop looking at her.. She is a BEAST!! Can't wait to do some cooking

KimG SOW

never used a pellet smoker before.. always been a stick smoker . .. may need some advice on it .. cant wait to play around with it ... how is grilling on it ? hotdogs and hamburgers ? planning on using it also as my everyday grill and kicking the gas grill to the curve ...

Any questions you have about your Yoder, you can ask Hodedo. He has been cooking on them for a while. We have a 640, 480, & a pellet Kingman that we compete with.

Kite

thats great. brand new smoker. ya. what fun. 1st smoke on all new smokers should be pig candy. good stuff maynard.

My new Memphis should arrive some time next week. I keep hearing about "pig candy".. what the heck is it and how do I make it?

KimG SOW

My new Memphis should arrive some time next week. I keep hearing about "pig candy".. what the heck is it and how do I make it?

Basic recipe is 1/2 cup brown sugar to 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper (adjust for your level of heat). Use a Frog Mat if you have one. Put mixture on both sides of bacon. Put in smoker until done to your likeness.

Kite

Basic recipe is 1/2 cup brown sugar to 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper (adjust for your level of heat). Use a Frog Mat if you have one. Put mixture on both sides of bacon. Put in smoker until done to your likeness.

That sounds great! I will give it a whirl. Thank you!!

Kite

Hey Kite, you must cook a pound of bacon for your first cook. If you don't it's very bad JuJu. lllllol

I'm on that! Actually, for my first cook I am planning on cooking the bacon rolled around sausage log that was posted earlier this week. That thing looked freakin' awesome!

I have to say, I am VERY happy that I discovered Big Papa and this forum. I started on this "pellet cooker" quest only a few weeks ago from a blank slate. I am really enjoying everything here. I believe that the tone of any organization flows down from the top and everytime I turn around I see Big Papa's heart come jumping out. Good quality people seem to group around good quality people and this group has been nothing short of fun and welcoming, just the traits I have been seeing from Big Papa. Anyway, long story short, I just want to say THANK YOU to Big Papa and the rest of you for welcoming me aboard!

PaulyT

Good plan, there, Kite. :D And I agree, this is a cool forum, and while I couldn't have gotten my particular grill from Big Poppa's, I've already ordered some accessories (frogmat, grill grate, a few other odds&ends) from them, and will make them my first stop for future purchases.

conszp

still trying to figure out how to get pictures from my iphone on to this ... but, last night cooked 2 AMAZING steaks on the direct grill racks a got with her and grilled a lb of fresh asparagus.. mmm .. neighbor came over with 12 bubba burgers .. wow .. the burgers came out with so much juice in them and they had a smoke ring on them … tonight pepperoni and cheddar stuffed chicken breast ..

Kite, never go wrong smoking a fatty ..
One time , may sound strange at first .. but on my Char griller I did a bacon leave, then spread out a lb of hamburger meat .. seasoned it with a little salt and pepper, then smeared it with peanut butter .. yes, peanut butter .. rolled it up into a log, draped the bacon weave over it and smoked her for about 2 ½ hrs .. very good ..

Kite

still trying to figure out how to get pictures from my iphone on to this ... but, last night cooked 2 AMAZING steaks on the direct grill racks a got with her and grilled a lb of fresh asparagus.. mmm .. neighbor came over with 12 bubba burgers .. wow .. the burgers came out with so much juice in them and they had a smoke ring on them … tonight pepperoni and cheddar stuffed chicken breast ..

Kite, never go wrong smoking a fatty ..
One time , may sound strange at first .. but on my Char griller I did a bacon leave, then spread out a lb of hamburger meat .. seasoned it with a little salt and pepper, then smeared it with peanut butter .. yes, peanut butter .. rolled it up into a log, draped the bacon weave over it and smoked her for about 2 ½ hrs .. very good ..

That does sound a bit odd, but what doesn't taste good with peanut butter?

Top Bottom