New BBQ Catering Trailer

firehouse_bbq

Well, we outgrew our older trailer and cookers, and had to upgrade to a larger trailer and new smokers. Sold our old trailer last week, and picked up the new one on Friday. Spent the weekend moving the equipment on and getting everything mounted. We cook with the smokers on the trailer, with the exception of the charcoal grill, that is removed when we use it.

I have saved a spot on the trailer for a Mak 1 star hopefully within 6 months.

On the trailer we have two Traeger XL/150s, our FEC100, custom charcoal grill, propane burners, 4 compartment sink withhot water, cambros, ez-ups, etc, etc. This is the trailer we use for catering and competitions. I still have quite a bit of work to do, but we are getting there.

here are a few pics:

trailer before-it is a 6x12 tandem axle. Makes our old 5x10 single axle seem really small.
trailer_before_2.jpg

Traeger XLs
trailer_side_3.jpg

Only complaint about the Traeger XLs is the mounting of the grill to the base was weak, so I made some brackets to reinforce it. Made them from 1.5" angle iron, painted to match and attached with stainless hardware. The grills are solid now!
0c9bcad7-fb45-4ac4-a788-973de2492a3f.jpg

Back of charcoal grill, cambro, FEC100
trailer_side_2.jpg

4 compartment sink and propane burners
trailer_front_1.jpg

FEC100
trailer_fec.jpg

firehouse_bbq

I am very sad to say, yes it is. It will sound funny, but that was one of the toughest decisions I had to make, my wife was laughing at me.

I am already kicking myself for getting rid of it, especially since we got the new trailer. I made the decision based on the space and weight capacity i had on our old trailer. GO figure huh. That was an awesome cooker, but it has gone to a new home, and I am sure we will see it at some of the local So-Cal competitions.

Dont worry, I will be ordering another, but probably a smaller PR or the chicken cooker. What makes the MC such a great smoker (built like a tank) was the downside for us (too heavy for our trailer, and barely fit through my side gate)

You still going to speak to me BP? :)

where is the meadow creek? dont tell me its gone!

Top Bottom