New here

Warrior68

Hi guys,
I am new here, I found this site while searching for a good brisket recipe. There seems to be lots of good info here. I have been smoking for about 13 years now, started with a small electric bullet smoker that I gave away very quickly (not big enough, didn't work well), moved on to a small charcoal bullet smoker which still had size limitations, then a vertical gas smoker, and now I have a Traeger BBQ 70. Although the BBQ 70 is much smaller than I like, I damn near stole the thing off Craig's list, I just needed to see if I would like pellet smoking. I absolutely love the pellet smoking, and my friends and family love it too! I smoke some kind of food every Sunday, maybe that's why my house is the gathering spot for friends and family on the weekends? I'll be going to a bigger unit shortly, I've been eyeing the Rec tech.

As I said I came here is search of a good brisket recipe and it looks like I will be using Big Poppas method. I live in NY, however one of my best friends is from Texas, being from Texas he is all about stick smokers and mesquite. We are often comparing our smoked foods, helping each other out, and and of course talking Smack to one another while drinking beer and watching our smokers. Longer story short, I can out smoke him on everything, However I've never done a brisket. My buddy has cooked two briskets that I have tried, one was not edible at all, the other was fair to midland. I am thinking of doing my first brisket this weekend, or next. I did a bit of a test run last weekend while smoking a pork but and tossed a small chuck roast on the smoker as a experimental thing, it came out amazing! I MUST smoke a better brisket than my buddy from Texas, or I'll never hear the end of it.

Looking forward to learning and share some tips on here!

So Cal Smoker

Welcome to the Forum and pellet smoking. You've come to the right place to share and learn ways to have fun and cook grate food. Here's wishing you the best of luck with your cook off with the friend from Texas. Remember " The Eyes of Texas are upon You " LOL. Good luck and good smoking.

Top Bottom