new Mak 2

dpom

I"m getting close to ordering a MAK 2 thru BPS.I have a iphone 4s.Is there anything special I need to order at this time to accommodate them being able to communicate now or down the road?

scooter

Nothing you NEED to buy NOW that I know of. Your new 2 Star's PelletBoss circuit board will be compatible with the WiFi chip when it is released. Understand, I don't know if the MAK will have a browser interface or a really cool GUI interface usable only with the MAK app.

Here's what you'll need to make it work:
  1. buy the WiFi chip for your 2 Star when it releases
  2. Wireless router in your home
  3. If your router is setup with dynamic IP addressing like most of us, you'll need a free account at DynDNS or other DNS service. If your router is static IP then you don't need the DNS service.
  4. I don't know if the MAK app will be free but we'll probably need it

I don't know how familiar you are with home networking and configuring your router but I'd suggest you start by reading this to understand how you're going to access your 2 Star from outside your house using the internet. For the most part in the below instructions, if you replace the word Stoker with the word MAK it will make more sense to you.

https://www.rocksbarbque.com/PDF/Stoker_inet.pdf

Last edited:

dpom

I don't understand most of what you said but the wife said we have the set up ready for it.I can hardly wait just have to give the new job a little time to be sure.Thanks for your input!!

dpom

Thank you .I'm hoping to have it in time to smoke some turkeys and other thing for Thanks Giving.We're going to have a full house so there will be at least 2 12 to 14 lb turkeys.Would it work to put o aregular and spatchcock one at the same time?

KristenBPS

Thank you .I'm hoping to have it in time to smoke some turkeys and other thing for Thanks Giving.We're going to have a full house so there will be at least 2 12 to 14 lb turkeys.Would it work to put o aregular and spatchcock one at the same time?

Should have no trouble getting it in time! Shipping today, should be 2 business days in transit!

dpom

received my first box today with the pellets ,frog mats,gloves, and rub.The grill is scheduled between 3 and 6 tomorrow!!!great service as expected.HAve a test turkey in the fridge for the weekend and will pick some bacon up tomorrow,for the first cook.

scooter

It can be done solo. I've assembled three. Two of those by myself with no issues. Takes about 45-60 mins depending on how deft you are with nuts and bolts and whether or not you use an electric screwdriver/drill with allen head or just the allen wrenches that come with the 2 Star.
Toughest part of a solo assembly is laying the unit down on the cardboard to attach the legs then picking it up after the legs are attached.

Last edited:

dpom

Thank You!!! MAK for making such a great smoker.I have cooked 2 turkeys ,a ham,pork loin,pizza stuffing,au graten potatoes,3 pies,and kabobs and everything has came out great!!!Also thank you for the great cookbook.

Top Bottom