New Section! Hall of Fame Recipes

Big Poppa

Administrator
OK It isn't the hall of fame...it's the marketing in me. But....There have been many great failsafe recipes that have been posted and its hard to find them when you need them.

Here is the drill...You can nominate any recipe for Hall of Fame...(recipe sticky) The mods will look at it and then move it to the section. For Hall of Fame please make sure that you have cooked it and find it to be a showstopper...failsafe...home run

I want to start with Cowgirls (anything heheh) Apple Dumplings..Tents Pineapple upside down cake....Scooters bananas

If you guys can re post it I will move it....any others out there?

TentHunter

DOH... me being the braniac I am (much sarchasm intended) hadn't read this thread yet, reposted the Cake recipe, thought I'd posted it in the wrong section & moved it from the new section and into the gallery section...

I just moved it back and will simply say Thank you. I am truly honored and look forward to the many great recipes to be posted there!

TentHunter

Nomination

I can think of several, but will resist the urge and just nominate one for now.

For me, one of the most memorable recipes submitted was Deb's Deep Dish Pizza. You couldn't help but want to dive into one of those!

jimbo

Ok, my 1st nomination would be Big Poppa's Steakhouse Mushrooms. These puppies are sooo good. They go well as a side dish or even as a topping. Made them just the other night with some butter, garlic, & caper topped salmon. In fact I've made them at least once a week since I saw the recipe. Very easy & very good!!!!

Deb

I can think of several, but will resist the urge and just nominate one for now.

For me, one of the most memorable recipes submitted was Deb's Deep Dish Pizza. You couldn't help but want to dive into one of those!

Wow, thanks Tent! I'll look for it and get it posted. It's funny because I was thinking about doing one this weekend.

TentHunter

I second Jimbo's nomination. This is how good those steakhouse shrooms looked: I love mushrooms but ain't suppose to eat 'em. After seeing that post I'm afraid I'd have eaten the whole batch anyway and paid the piper later ;)!

rbaggett

The Pineapple Upside Down Cake is definitely Hall of Fame. I made my mother and grandmother proud last night when I cooked this recipe for our dinner guests. It was my first time. It was easy. I gave myself a B+ even though my guest have it a 10. I thought I overcooked a little. Good stuff and it paired perfected with the 2006 Alpha Omega Late Harvest Reserve. If anyone wants some of this great wine, I know where to get it.

TentHunter

Glad the cake was a hit. Now about that 2006 Alpha Omega Late Harvest Reserve... are you allowed to ship to Ohio?

Top Bottom