New to pellet smoking!

4pigcandy

Hello to everyone. I am new to the world of pellet smoking a wanted to know what are some of the best pellet flavors that compliment and produce great bbq? Candy Sue can I buy a pallet from you direct?

scooter

Welcome to PS.com pigcandy! Great username. I moved this thread here in the intro forum. Might want to call Candy about your pallet question.
I think the best all around pellet BD makes is their hickory pellet. Oak and hickory is a fantastic combination.
Their 100% oak pellet would be tied for first.

Patrick_CT

Welcome to the group! I use Cherry and Oak a lot. And hickory when I do pulled pork. But I have not had any that I do not like.

4pigcandy

Thanks for the invite! I am a hobby welder/ fabricator so I am building my pellet cooker withe the smoke daddy Inc pellet hopper assembly. It sure is convenient having my own 12 gauge sheetmetal break. My wife says that I have gone overboard! I am building two cookers for my new deck thats going up next week with insulated body and lid. I will post pictures as soon as I get them finished.

Pappymn

Thanks for the invite! I am a hobby welder/ fabricator so I am building my pellet cooker withe the smoke daddy Inc pellet hopper assembly. It sure is convenient having my own 12 gauge sheetmetal break. My wife says that I have gone overboard! I am building two cookers for my new deck thats going up next week with insulated body and lid. I will post pictures as soon as I get them finished.

Please do post pics. I love looking at pics of people who have skills I can only dream about.

Kite

Welcome aboard! I appreciate people that take their hobbies seriously.. I have a wood shop that a lot of businesses would drool over. Buying quality commercial tools makes a hobby that much more fun... I can just imagine what Sterling's patio/kitchen must look like! :)

TentHunter

Welcome to the forum!

If you buy the BBQ'rs Delight pellets from Big Poppa Smokers, the cost is the same, and you help support the company that provides this forum. :)

My favorite go to pellet flavors are: Apple, Hickory & Black Walnut. Those three flavors give me my greatest variety.

Apple is great with poultry and fish. Hickory is great with anything pork or chicken. Black Walnut (tastes like strong hickory) is great with beef. A blend of Apple/Hickory is really good with darn near anything, especially chicken & pork.

Last edited:

dnew

Welcome! I would love to see the smoker you are building, great talent. BBQ Delight are great pellets, cannot go wrong there. I think we all experiment with the different flavors and combinations. Enjoy!

Top Bottom