Ok don't ban me

muebe

I really like my Char-Broil RED. It gets close to 800F grill temps. Not of the highest quality stainless though but gets the job done. I have the 4-burner and there is plenty of grilling space. Cooks with infrared heat.

The Char-Broil Big Easy SRG(smoker,roaster,grill) is a great choice. But it has a limited size grill space. If your not looking for a large grill then it is a good option. You can roast a 20LB Turkey in the thing and it will come out moist and juicy. Anything you can imagine you can cook in it.

For a quality made standard grill you cannot beat a Weber. American made quality except for their lowest line of spirit grills. Made of high quality stainless and will last for years and years.

MossyMO

Been happy with Holland Grills, have had one for around 13 years, lifetime warranty on the burner and 10 year on the grill. It is a low 'n slow indirect style grill, pretty much have to fall asleep to burn anything. Before diving into a new Holland grill I would check to make sure they are not made in China now, I know their portable/camping grill The Companion now is, I am not sure about the full size models though...

scooter

Are you set on a gas grill or would you entertain the idea of a charcoal grill? Charcoal is a little more work but well worth it.

TrickyDick

I was going to get an Alfresco propane grill before I stumbled upon the pellet grills. From my research, and looking at several models in a fairly well stocked showroom, I thought it was high quality. I did install the dual side burner to go along with the pellet grill. It is built very well and should last a lifetime. It has a hibachi/griddle I can use to sear steaks or cook whatever.
I ended up picking the MAK 4 star for my pellet grill, instead of this alfresco. I hear the MAK grills are great, can't wait to get mine. I would definitely look into the alfresco grills if you want a gas fired grill.

Before I had been using a Vermont casting grill bought in 2006. I hear they went bankrupt, then reopened some time after. The innards rusted out of the bottom "shell" and the stainless used on the cabinet and shelves, etc was low quality. The rest was holding up very well however. This grill has been retired. I don't know much about their new grills, but would probably avoid them.

I prefer the porcelain coated cast iron grates, but I think many grills we going to a high quality stainless grill grates. Try to get a model that has cast aluminum or 304 stainless or better shell or whatever the base is called where the burners are. The coated steel never lasts more than 5 years before rusting out in my experience.

TD

wneill20

Thanks everyone, found a used weber genesis gold for $140. Not one for buying used but it is in excellent shape from the pictures I have seen and you can't beat the price. Going to check it out this weekend anything I should look for?

Top Bottom