Patience is a virtue....

Elderberry

Or so I've heard....

The Frog mats, seasonings and Grill Grates showed up today. Another box is due to arrive tomorrow -- probably the upper grate, griddle and probes. A couple hunnert pounds of pellets are on the way.

And somewhere out there on the long road to Illinois is a MAK with my name on the shipping label. Man this is tougher than waiting for Christmas..!! :D

CarterQ

It's rough when all the accessories arrive before the grill, don't worry though it is worth the wait. The next hardest thing will be deciding what you break it in with!

Elderberry

I thought perhaps ribs since I love them so much. No matter what else I manage to cook on the MAK the ribs are a must win situation for me. Man cannot survive without ribs...

The dilemma will be what pellets to use. I ordered oak, hickory, black walnut and a couple of fruit packs. So I've got, what, 7 different flavors..?? How many mix and match combinations does that make..? And then there's the percentages of mix to figure out. And the rubs...!!!??? There's dozens... How am I ever going to figure this all out...?? It took me a month to decide MAK 1 or 2 and that's an either/or decision... This is getting complicated... :eek::eek::eek:

BBQ Joe

I did ribs with apple pellets to break in my MAK. I don't think you can go wrong with any. Have fun!

El Guapo

Or so I've heard....

The Frog mats, seasonings and Grill Grates showed up today. Another box is due to arrive tomorrow -- probably the upper grate, griddle and probes. A couple hunnert pounds of pellets are on the way.

And somewhere out there on the long road to Illinois is a MAK with my name on the shipping label. Man this is tougher than waiting for Christmas..!! :D

I'm in the same boat. I just placed my order a couple of days ago. I was on the fence for about a month, so I only have myself to blame that my new MAK isn't here yet.

Patrick_CT

It took me a long time to get mine as well... also my own fault for reading so much before actually buying. I am curious if you will really be able to the difference between the different pellets... to be honest I can tell very little difference. I know the mesquite and hickory stand out, but the other flavors are subtle to me and the rubs/sauces are more powerful.

I would expect black walnut to give a strong taste.

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the club!

Elderberry

It took me a long time to get mine as well... also my own fault for reading so much before actually buying. I am curious if you will really be able to the difference between the different pellets... to be honest I can tell very little difference. I know the mesquite and hickory stand out, but the other flavors are subtle to me and the rubs/sauces are more powerful.

I would expect black walnut to give a strong taste.

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the club!

Thanks Patrick. I'll let you know what I think about the taste differences between pellets.

The grill would already be here if I wouldn't have spent so long waffling back and forth between different grills. Especially since I knew early on that my heart was set on a MAK 2 star. Oh well. I'm convinced I eventually did the right thing.

The griddle came today. Still waiting on the upper grate, temp probes and pellets.

The good news is UPS finally called and made arrangements to deliver the grill Wed, July 6th. Of course the bad news is it's Wed July 6th and not tomorrow morning. I was able to negotiate the time frame down to "somewhere between 9:30am and 5pm" :D

At least now I know the day it will get here... :cool:

Elderberry

Good question. After I season it I'll probably do some burgers just to get some grease in it so it smells right. But the 1st "real" cook will have to be ribs (my favorite) and the next one will be some pork to pull. Then a couple of pizzas. Some bacon. ABT's. Some fish. Steak & Legs. A brisket.... :D:D:D

UPS said "sometime between 9:30am and 5pm". At 9:33am I was already getting impatient. Fortunately the cable guy showed up to change the house, phone & internet over from the phone company and satellite dish company. That's kept me occupied for a few hours but he's about done now. I'm like a kid the night before Christmas...!!! :eek:

Top Bottom