Pellet blend

booboo

I am looking to make a blend of pellets that I can use for everything. I was thinking of getting some black walnut and mix it equally with either apple or cherry. Any ideas?

FLBentRider

I haven't tried mixing much, unless you count running out of one flavor and loading another.

I'm kinda partial to hickory, and I have some Black Walnut that I have not gotten around to trying yet.

sparky

last week it was pecan / cherry. like it. i was using hickory / cherry / apple. ok. this week its peach in #63 and wine soaked oak in #336k. the peach i used on ribs. nice. tonight a chuck roast w/ wine soaked oak. my next order w/ be oak and cherry. i can't decide if i want to use cherry or apple. been liking cherry lately. good luck. :cool:

HogSmoker

I also used Peach on some baby back ribs today my guest and family loved it. Used wine soaked oak awhile back and they also were good. Everybody saying cherry is good so I got to try them on my next order.

booboo

Has anyone tried cookinpellets.com perfect 100% hardwood mix? Delivered it is $1.40 a lb. Price is not really a big deal to me and $1.40 is OK if it is worth it.

sparky

i ordered mine from BPS. way easy for me. sucks for the UPS guy and my son that have to carry them.

FLBentRider

Has anyone tried cookinpellets.com perfect 100% hardwood mix? Delivered it is $1.40 a lb. Price is not really a big deal to me and $1.40 is OK if it is worth it.

I have used them, I liked it, but not for twice as much per lb. I usually buy 400+ lbs at a time.

Top Bottom