Pit Boss Pellets?

NorCalQ

Just wondering if anyone has used these? I've been using 100% flavor wood pellets, but they can get pricy unless you get into a bulk buy. I'm not opposed to using blends and I know they seem to be a little cheaper.

TentHunter

I have not used them, but know someone who has and he says they seem to be okay.

I like the Lumber Jack & BBQer's Delight. I'll use 100% flavorwood in the smoking tubes for cold-smoking, but rarely ever use 100% flavorwood in the hopper as they just produce considerable more ash than oak-blended pellets.

NorCalQ

Actually, I use Lumber Jack Hickory, mostly, but like I said, I bought it in a group, so it was pretty cheap. I called Pit Boss and found out that their Competition Blend is Maple, Hickory, Cherry, 30% and Alder/Oak 70%, depending on if you're west coast or east coast, respectively. If others have found Pit Boss pellets to produce good flavor, I'm open to it.

NorCalQ

Update...just used the Apple flavor for a pork belly cook. Smoke flavor seemed every bit as good as the Lumber Jack pellets I've been using. I'm a happy camper.

Top Bottom