pork butts

dpom

I put a 7lb and a 8lb. pork butts on at 3:30 am.There looking good just witing to foil.I don,t want the bark to be black,would it hurt to foil at 145 or 150 instead of 160?

dpom

That was interesting I went to check on them and smoke was pouring out and the controller said igniting. The only thing I can think of is about a half our ago I checked the pellets and they were low ,not out. maybe there was a pause in feeding the auger?It also had a fire inside ,I cleaned it prior to this cook.I pushed shut down then after a few minutes shut it down completely.Will it be ok to restart after cool down?

dpom

Let cool a little emptied pot seems to be working fine.Think most likely had a pause in available pellets? foiled the butts and back on to 195.

dpom

I just received a call from Sterling,and came to the conclusion that what I was thinking I remember vacuuming the ash from the bottom of the unit but don't think I cleaned the fire pot.Thats what happens at 3:30 before coffee.Thank you Sterling for your excellent customer service!!!

scooter

I try to vacuum out the pot after every weekend of cooking. Never have a problem that way. I only have those issues when I go a few weekends between vacuuming out the firepot. I never interupt a shutdown unless there's a problem like you did.

Kite

I vacuum my pot before every cook. It takes less than 5 minutes and I have never had a problem with the burn pot.. It's kind of like washing the dishes - you always have to do it, so just make it part of the process and do it every time.

Top Bottom