Poultry or Kitchen Shears - what/where to get?

Canyonier

What do you folks use to do the cutting when you Spatchcock chickens? I only do maybe 10 spatchcocked chickens a year. My old and dull kitchen shears hardly do the job anymore. They weren't of good quality to start with.
Any suggestions as to what make/model of shears I should get? Also where to purchase them?
Thanks,
Glenn

jimsbarbecue

We own a bunch of different brands including the ones in the link above. The one above is the most universal and when I can only have one pair they are the first choice and cheaper then the others we own.

Mojak

Another option might be to check out a commercial restaurant supply. You won't be disappointed in the product quality.

TrickyDick

I have two. One is take apart, forget the brand, but it's the top rated on amazon.com. I also have another set I got at another site before I had my MAK. The guy is famous for cupcake chicken and the shears he sells work well for popping the knuckles off chicken thighs.
Honestly, the cheaper amazon ones work well, and can probably do it too. I really like the BPS shears but the screwdriver looks like an accident waiting to happen.
Cut-co makes a great pair of shears by the way.

Top Bottom