Pulled beef

Ducaticraig

Not sure what cut of meat to get I purchased a Chuck Pot Roast. Whether at Costco or the local market I see many different types of Chuck roast. Can someone chime in and explain what kind of beef should be used for pulled beef?

Here is the outcome of my cook. I will post the rubs used shortly. I smoked the beef for 3 hours at around 175 degrees. Then increased temp to 230 until internal temp reached 160. Placed in tin and foiled. Back on grill and pulled around 198 degrees final temp. The outcome was prerty good even though my mak had a flame out right as I pulled to foil. I had the mak pulled apart, firepot dumped and the grill back together in world record time to place the roast back on the grill to save the day.

TentHunter

Yeah boy! Nice job Craig. I'll take one with just a little BBQ Sauce & some crunchy vinegary slaw on top please!

Chuck roast or Brisket point is what I usually use for pulled beef. Both have great flavor and are from the front area of the cow. The chuck is right above the brisket and is fairly large, which explains why there are so many different cuts or styles of roast from it. Any chuck roast will work for pulled beef.

Next time you do one try adding a bunch of sliced onion to the top when you foil it. It enhances the beef flavor really well (like french onion soup) and the onions are great on a sandwich afterwards!

Top Bottom