Pulled the Trigger

51Phantom

Hi Guys,
I pulled the trigger on a Green Mountain Grill, Daniel Boone this week. I live in Canada and my choices for Pellet Grills are pretty slim. I have a Traeger at my place in Florida so I knew I didn't want another. I looked at getting a Mak shipped but the cost was pretty high, and with the already pretty high cost of the grill I decided against it. I did a lot of research on the GMG and the reviews have been very positive, so I went with that and found the only dealer to be in Ottawa, about 5 hours away. They shipped the grill to a depot for $70 bucks.
I assembled it yesterday and it was a breeze, everything came together nicely. I did the burn in and cooked some bacon and a couple of chicken breasts for some Thai Chicken wraps. I forgot to take pictures but it turned out great. The chicken was tender and juicy and the bacon was, well, wicked bacon.
Very happy with the purchase and look forward to cooking, sharing and I am sure asking lots of questions.

sparky

dude, congrats on the new pit. it fun breaking in new pits. the remote control, front shelf and probe is very cool aspects of it. your so happy. better get yourself some stretchy pants. your going to gain some weight. its ok. we all do. pics buddy. if we can't see it.... is it really there? just kidding. let see some food.

Last edited:

51Phantom

Thanks Sparky. I will get some pics going soon. I am away for the long weekend so I am bummed I can't have a cooking weekend. Oh well plenty of time. Gonna try for some ribs or a tri tip friday before I go.
I have to learn to leave my camera close to the grill!

sparky

get the family ready not to touch the food until you get pics. our familys think were nuts. we probably are. ;)

Top Bottom