Question about new MAK with WiFi

ctsooner

Interesting thread on remotes. I'm about to get my first pellet smoker and I haven't really considered the Mak as I have seen the Yoder, Rec Tec and FE smokers. I am intrigued by this remote as most of the smokers will all do similar things. I love the multi probe idea too. I just don't know if this will be in my budget. How much would a Mak be with this wifi remote, cover, a shelf, shipped and some starter pellets? Are there ever specials for forum members? Just curious as I'm not married to anything right now. Thanks.

scooter

Call this number to get a price: Smokin' Hotline (877) 828-0727

Rough guess, I'd say $2300 for the grill, $300 for the WiFi module, $100 for 2 half upper racks, $100 for the cover.

Last edited by a moderator:

TentHunter

Ctsooner,

If budget is a factor, you might want to also check out the MAK 1 Star. It's designed to get you into a MAK and add features as budget allows (such as the flame Zone). That ended up being a great fit for us and I am oh so glad I did. It's a great grill!

The base price is $1299

At least one upper half rack and the Griddle/split grate combo adds about $180 and will give you a lot of versatility right off the bat without breaking the bank.

ctsooner

I may look at the 1 as I don't have the budget for the 2. I am looking at the Rec Tec, Yoder, Royall and Louisiana smokers. I will be keeping my Lynx so I only need it for smoking. The wifi feature seems cool, but something I'd actually use I think.

scooter

The wifi feature seems cool, but something I'd actually use I think.

You wouldn't believe how cool it is!! And MAK is making more upgrades/additions to the mobile site. Can't talk about specifics yet but I can tell you it's blowing my mind how cool the whole MAK WiFi system is and how easy it is to set up!

ctsooner

I may go that route. I have to check out the Mak vs the Yoder, Rec Tec and Royall grills I guess. I dont' have a ton of money as I'm keeping my Lynx and it will now only serve as a smoker for me. I won't be using the direct grill part. Does it have a heat deflector over the whole grill surface? I figure I want that now since I won't use a direct grill area and I want to max out my surface.

Top Bottom