Re-posting from the contest thread, 2/20/2012

Kevin Arsenault

Hello, everyone!

I have returned from UMBC, and I have decided to recreate what I made last year as it is part of my tradition.

For those of you who may not remember, the first meal I had posted on here was from the summer of 2011. It was my version of a meal I had from a restaurant located in Baltimore known as Miss Shirley's. In this post, I will remake another meal from the cafe. This time, I have smoked up the Sunrise Benedict.

I started out by seasoning pork shoulder with a Cajun rub, and then threw that in the smoker for an hour over a frog mat for a smoky taste later on.

IMAG0082-1.jpg

After I pulled the pork out of the smoker, I gave it a bath in beer before slicing up butter to put on top of the meat.

IMAG0088.jpg

Then, I placed the newly covered pork in the smoker. After a couple of hours, I started prepping collared greens with bacon ends as well as butter in order to enhance the flavor.

IMAG0090.jpg

By this time, my mom had put cornbread in the oven. After just about all the food had been prepared, I whipped up some hollandaise sauce and poached a couple of eggs. After doing that, I sprinkled the cajun rub I had used previously over the food, and placed honey barbeque sauce with the pork.

Enjoy.

edit520.jpg

finish1.jpg

sparky

ya buddy. nice to have ya home kev man. the meal looks great. the last pic says it all. yummy^ 3. cook more my friend. we like seeing your skills. i know you mom is a great cook. i dont think the apple fell far from the tree.

Kevin Arsenault

Thank you Sparky.
I'm going to try to do a cook at least each week for the summer.

Still won't be able to do anything once I get back to College however.

ACW3

Kevin,
Just have Mom keep the FT's cold and available. There is a "price" to pay for cooking, right?

Art

Deb

Kevin,
Just have Mom keep the FT's cold and available. There is a "price" to pay for cooking, right?

Art

ha, cold and available for me...... he as to wait a few more weeks :p

pellegrino for him until then

RickB

Hollandaise and poached eggs? And pork? And cornbread? Just plain fiendish. Sign me up for aplate. Great cook!

Top Bottom