Report on Beef Tenderloin

JimmyDings

Ok, The only way I could figure this out was to post a new thread...sorry

But 1st wanted to thank Big Poppa and TentHunter for their advice.

Took a 6lb Beef Tenderloin, cut in half (froze 1) and decided to Marinade the other for additional flavor. I used Beef Broth, White Vinegar, Coke a Cola and Dark Brown Sugar and let it marinade overnite.
View attachment 921

Then I used Texas T Bones Seasoning as I am awaiting my Big Poppas Order (lol....I dropped the ball and forgot to order)
View attachment 922

Took TentHunters advice and used 3/4 parts Hickory and 1/4 part Mesquite Pellets and Big Poppas advice of 250F on the Mak 2 Star...and smoked for 1 1/2 hours untill and internal temp of 135.
View attachment 923

Removed fro The Mak 2 Star and let stand 15 minutes then sliced
View attachment 924

Then my version of the money shot......hehehe
View attachment 925

All I can say was WOW WOW WOW.....what flavor and the smoke taste was awesome!...The wife and my Dad raved about it, and wanted to know when I'd make it again. Served with REAl mashed Potatoes, Brown Gravy and Asparagras (I'll bet I spelled that wrong).

Was truly an awesome dinner, and Thank you again to TentHunter and Big Poppa for their help

Best Wishes, Jim aka JimyDings

Last edited:

ACW3

Just told my wife about your cook. Her question was "When are you doing this?" I guess I have my marching orders.

Art

TentHunter

All I can say is WOW WOW WOW..... IT LOOKS AWESOME!!!!

I especially like the plate full of tenderloin with the gravy. Man now I am hungry!!!

I'm glad that mix of pellets worked out for you. Mixing in a little Mesquite is a great way to ramp up the smoke flavor without overwhelming it.

Chili Head

Nice job JimmyD!! That looks so good I'll have to try it next week! Nice job and real mashed is the only way to go! Nice !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimmyDings

Ty all. Appreciate all the nice comments. I guess the beauty of this whole cook was that the meat was free so to speak. I bartered some work for store credit at my local butcher. I'm going to be cooking for a while as I have quite a bit of credit to burn up.

Sorta feel guilty as I snagged the recipe from Myron Mixons smoking book. I gotta start somewhere, so cook books have provided a lot of inspiration. Looking forward to gaining more knowledge and trying some more variety.

I'm thinking trying a Turkey this weekend as a tune up for the holidays.

Best wishes all, Jim aka JimmyDings

Last edited:
Top Bottom