Ribs Anyone?

Big_Jake

OK I am REALLY happy with the way my ribs are now coming out on my Mak 2-Star.My method is to use the flame zone without the covers on it.I then put the ribs on the top rack(aka the 2nd shelf) away from the fire and aim for a temp of 250 on the 2nd shelf.I smoke for around 3 hours and then wrap with apple juice for an hour.After that it's sauce,15 minutes,flip and repeat.

BPMRibs4PS1_zpsf9c3cbce.jpg

BPMribs4ps2_zps59479623.jpg

Pappymn

OK I am REALLY happy with the way my ribs are now coming out on my Mak 2-Star.My method is to use the flame zone without the covers on it.I then put the ribs on the top rack(aka the 2nd shelf) away from the fire and aim for a temp of 250 on the 2nd shelf.I smoke for around 3 hours and then wrap with apple juice for an hour.After that it's sauce,15 minutes,flip and repeat.

BPMRibs4PS1_zpsf9c3cbce.jpg

BPMribs4ps2_zps59479623.jpg

Interesting? What do you think the flame zone adds? Doing ribs tomorrow. Have always one them on the "second floor"

Big_Jake

It seems like it renders the fat off a bit better making the ribs a little more juicy.I also really like the color on them although I don't know if that was due to the flame zone covers being off or not.

Pappymn

It seems like it renders the fat off a bit better making the ribs a little more juicy.I also really like the color on them although I don't know if that was due to the flame zone covers being off or not.

Yours look great. Thanks Jake for the tip

Top Bottom