RV Pellet Smoker

nepas

Im looking for a pellet smoker/grill that i can store in the cargo of an RV.

Stoven takes to much space.

Any suggestions.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Mossy I dont know if I would go for a Royall...Dansons has a neat little one..the traeger is ok too just a little flimsy

nepas

Well if i decide to keep my MAK i will need a tandem trailer like stc showed me.

rvmaz.jpg

jimsbarbecue

We have a Traeger jr we use until a MAK is available. I got mine from muebe on the site and it has worked just fine. Run it off a 600 watt inverter I put in our motor home.( In the 90's they didn't put inverters in as standard equipment.) They are small enough they would fit in a side compartment.I have cooked three racks of baby backs with a second shelf mod. I also doubled walled most of mine, which works great.

nepas

We have a Traeger jr we use until a MAK is available. I got mine from muebe on the site and it has worked just fine. Run it off a 600 watt inverter I put in our motor home.( In the 90's they didn't put inverters in as standard equipment.) They are small enough they would fit in a side compartment.I have cooked three racks of baby backs with a second shelf mod. I also doubled walled most of mine, which works great.

Jim

Do you still do the hitch mounts?

We have a 5500w onan and inverter in the RV.

rvmaz.jpg

My smokers, but no room for MAK #48 :-/
smokrbin.jpg

Ring Leader

Im looking for a pellet smoker/grill that i can store in the cargo of an RV.

Stoven takes to much space.

Any suggestions.

nepas, Green Mountain is supposed to unvail their portable unit at the Reno event, at the end of the month... It is supposed to be under $400 and have folding legs that double as carrying handles.

jimsbarbecue

I still have my hitch mount MAK. Honestly sites like etrailer have cargo carriers with ramps for wheel chairs and scoooters etc that should work great for grills you could roll a grill like the MAK on it and away you go. One that holds 500 pounds with a 5 foot ramp will set you back about 3 bills

Top Bottom