Santa Anita BBQ Competition

jimsbarbecue

Maybe we will come by Friday night and say hi to all. Saturday has other events planned with family. Don't they know not to plan anything when BBQ comps are going on? good Luck to all that are competing. Let see Sweet Money get some calls! Check the link that MAK Daddy posted and scroll down to the MAK section. The Big Poppa team is mentioned

Last edited:

scooter

I'll be there Friday night also Jim so will look for you. Was lucky to get a spot in the judges tent so I'll be there Sat as well to taste some of the best Q around! Some heavy hitters are cooking this event from this forum like Matt Dalton, Big Brother Smoke (Steph - Simply Marvelous BBQ), Big Poppa, Smitty250.
The teams doing Peoples Choice are competing for a brand new 2012 MAK 2 Star that will have been used only once for the onsite cooking demo Saturday then handed over to the PC winner! $2300 prize for PC! Very generous Bob and Kerrie!
Good luck at HPBA Expo! We'll keep the MAK fires lit for you at Santa Anita!!

hank858SD

I was there on Saturday and Scooter treated my wife and I like royalty. Many thanks for the time you spent with us and sharing the Chicken, Ribs and Tri-Tip. Wife and I learned and enjoyed the demos and food off the 4-star demos.

Now that the wife has seen and tasted the 2-Star in action I've been approved for purchase. I hope to have a 2-Star home Monday eavening.

Maybe see some of you again in April at the WildOmar cook off.

scooter

I pulled in to town late and missed it! When I got there the lights were off and BP was trying to catch some Z's.

Hank, was very good to meet you and your wife! You will be VERY happy with your 2 Star!

hank858SD

Big Poppa-

I'll purchase the grill from a local guy in Vista, CA. But the good news is I've been contributing to the bandwidth and had already bought some accessories from your website. I am sure there is A LOT more purchases to come as I learn.

Top Bottom