Santa's coming early.

SmokinMAK

Santa's coming early around here. He's bringing a special gift from the great team at MAK. Some upgrades to my 2 Star. Anyone want to guess what they are? I'll post pictures as son as I have them. You won't believe your eyes! :eek:

SmokinMAK

You got me there STC. I was at Santa's workshop.Unfortunately, "Santa" wasn't there. (he was on a cruise). I did get to meet plenty of elves, and they had a special present for me.

Warning - you must be sitting down to view these photos. ;)

DSC_0511.jpg
Front of the mod-MAK
DSC_0514.jpg
Back of the mod-MAK
DSC_0520.jpg
Inside with the new blank pan
DSC_0516.jpg
Belly of the beast!

She's outside going through a burn-in so she's ready for some Christmas weekend meals!

Last edited:

Carter13

So it has finally come to life. I talked to a rep at Mak three weeks ago and found out they were going stainless in the barrel of the 2 Star for 2012.
For those that are interested the price is going to be $2300ish. I was told the new powdercoat was going to have some silver in it. I see this one is black. So did you get the skinny on the new powdercoat and did you get to see it?
Thanks for showing the pics.

SmokinMAK

This was new powdercoat (for me), but all black. I did not see any silver PC. I did get to see a sparkly 4 Star (what a monster!). And yes, MD did reveal that this is the new standard for 2012. I had already been testing the new blank pan and full-width flame zone, but this "upgrade" came with a couple improvements there as well.

I know it has been said, but it can't be said enough - These guys at MAK are incredible!! They engineer, test, listen to their customers, and engineer some more. True professionals.

ACW3

Any idea when we can expect the "upgrades" to be available to the rest of the 2 Star owners?

Art

SmokinMAK

Thanks Cowgirl. Yes, except for some wear and tear on the original stainless. Time to dirty it up!

Art - I don't know, but I assume that if they are making all this for the 2012 model, I'm sure they will have something lined-up for the good little boys and girls. We'll have to wait to hear from MD and BP themselves though, I'm not privvy to any such plans.

jimsbarbecue

As always the workmanship is unreal. They made changes to the insert that holds the full size flame zone or blank cover that makes them even easier to use and can see that they tweaked the design I am sure for more accurate temps across the pit.Will make a nice 2012 Model.

SmokinMAK

Agreed Jim. They took the feedback from the field tests, and made tweaks to the design based on that feedback. It is a very solid (and yes, shiny) package. They hit another one out of the park!

Top Bottom