Scrumptious Brisket

BBQ Bill

Had family in town & a Brisket was requested so I had an excuse to make another Brisket on the new Rec Tec. I also got to break in my A-maze-n tube too. What I use the tube for is to smoke with Jack Daniels whisky barrel pellets and cook/smoke with Hickory in the auger. The 2 make for a wonderful combo of smoke flavor.
I put it in at 2:00am & went to bed, got up at 7:30 & checked on it, it was in the stall. Then I went to work, called the LOML to have her take it off at 203 degrees, she accidentally let it go to 205. I was concerned it would be dry but that was definitely not the case, it was tender & juicy, infact the best I think I've ever done. Needless to say, I'm very pleased with the new Rec Tec & the a-maze-n tube.
405585663.jpg

405585661.jpg

TentHunter

Wow do I love the color you got on that brisket.

Bill, the Jack Daniels pellets were a great choice for the tube smoker. If you like them, then you'll also like the Wine-soaked Oak. They're similar in flavor and smell, but not quite as dark in color. We just used some last evening for grilling up some steaks.

BBQ Bill

Thanks very much & thanks for the tip, I'll get some of those on the way this coming week. Love that tube, allows me to infuse flavors like the JD and now the wine barrel flavors with out having to cook with them. It really adds another dimention to the smoke profiles we can play with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom