Should I make a switch?

68sting

I have a Louisiana 450 I bought off Craigslist for $475. I've been looking at buying the digital controller ($230)for to get more consistent temps. I noticed a Daniel Boone grill on Craigslist for $500obo the other day. I know its not built as well but it sounds like it has more advanced electronics and people seem to love them. Would I be better off buying this and selling the 450? I could probably sell the 450 and buy the DB and be out no money. It would save me from buying the digital controller and I wonder if I would have a better smoker in the end.

Ffvillager

Don't know if is a better unit or not, but I can tell you about the DB. Have had it for a few months and have been very impressed with it. Temps are very stable and accurate. Smoke flavor is not overpowering. Pellet consumption is good IMHO. Bought the remote after the initial purchase and would highly recommend it. Have cooked everything on it from pizza to brisket with excellent results. Did a prime rib on it 2 days ago that was awesome. By the way, it comes with a temp probe so you can monitor the temp of the meat.
Had only one problem with and that was that the temp at the right side of the grill was about 25 degrees higher than the left. Called GMG and found that I had the baffles installed incorrectly.
Hope this helps in your decision making process.

Top Bottom