Shrimp on the Barbie

Rip

Trying to eat a little healthier...

We decided to have shrimp for dinner. The shrimp was marinaded in Gradassi's garlic EVOO and Plowboys Jerk. While the shrimp got happy, I made an avocado aioli to go with it. Avocado, lime juice, lite mayonnaise (just a 1/4 cup), serrano, jalapeño, cilantro, roasted garlic, and a little salt & pepper. Into the food processor. It took a lot of will power to not just sit and eat this with some chips and another Pacifico!
IMG_2755sm.jpg

Cooked up some red onions with garlic EVOO on the MAK Griddle. Half will be used for the shrimp and half will be added to black beans.
IMG_2757sm.jpg

Doing the shrimp on the griddle today.
IMG_2759sm.jpg

All done.
IMG_2760sm.jpg

Crisp up some tortilla's, did both flour and corn ones. These are flour ones.
IMG_2764sm.jpg

Time to assemble! Fixings were: tomatoes, onions, avocado aioli, avocado slices, smoked jalapeño cheddar, lime slices, and black beans with onions. Here's Nancy's plate.
IMG_2765sm.jpg

And here's mine.
IMG_2768sm.jpg

Maybe not exactly diet food, but fairly heathy, and the flavors were awesome!

And yeah, I'm having the leftover avocado aioli with chips today. :D

Rip

They make a Pacifo Light ya know.. :cool:

Haven't seen that around here yet. Real beer is my weekend treat. The rest of the time it's Coors light. At ~$8 per 6 pack, the Pacifico lite would have to be really good, compared to Coors light at ~$16 a case. :)

squirtthecat

I've only had it in Mexico.. Not sure if they import it or not.

I'm a Miller Lite fan myself. Fat Tire if we are out to dinner somewhere. :cool:

Rip

Wow that looks so good Rip! Love the sound of your avacado aioli too. Mmmmmm... :)

Thanks, it's super easy.

1 Hass avocado, halved, pitted, & peeled (or two if smaller varieties)
1/4 cup mayonnaise (lite mayo works great)
1 TBS fresh lime juice
2 medium garlic cloves, peeled (I like to use ones I've roasted on the MAK)
1 Serrano chili, stemmed, halved, and seeded
1 Jalapeño, stemmed, halved, and seeded
2 TBS chopped cilantro leaves
Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper

Scoop avocado pulp into food processor, *add mayo, lime juice, garlic, Serrano, Jalapeno, and cilantro. Process until smooth, add salt & pepper to taste.*

Top Bottom