Silly Question?

RGrunz

I am seeking a way to get another temp probe involved in my cooks. Can I substitue a meat probe for the smoker temp probe on a Maverick?

scooter

You can use the pit probe as a food probe and visa versa. The pit probe won't get as deep as a food probe but will work just the same.

squirtthecat

STC, did you actually throw the pit probes away??

No.. I lost one and then gave the other to a guy cooking up a PID controller with an Arduino kit. He wanted to be able to support off-the-shelf temperature probes, and the ET-73 and ET-732 are the most popular. (and they are very difference, by the way)

That had nothing to do will pellet smoking, he was building a controller for electric box smokers.

RGrunz

thanks guys, i think i will just order another food probe from BP... My sweetie accidently put one in the dishwasher a month ago...lol
BP got me one out the following monday..... I appreciate all the input, and I can still have the food probe for a backup if I need it.

RGrunz

Squirt, tell me more about the difference between ET73 ET732... I am planning on buying a 732 in near future.... I know about some of the differences in features, but were you addressing probe differences? thanks, ralph

Big Poppa

Administrator
no most probes are made in china these days>>>>I sell the 732...and Its decent but they all suck. truthfully I have about six this year and I have to fish around...I use the mak armored probe on my maks and am very happy in the end they are just as cheap cause they dont break

squirtthecat

I am having far better luck with my ET-732 than the older models. Weather resistant and built tough. If they could only make the probes better... They are good about replacing the ones that go bad, I will give Maverick Support credit for that.

Top Bottom