Smalls checking in!

Smalls

Hey guys (and gals),
I'm new here. Been lurking for a couple weeks now, finally joined. I stumbled onto this site from the EBMM forums. I go by smalls there as well. I've learned a lot from the threads here and from BP's videos. Been a stickburner until now. I'm jumping on the spatchcock chicken bandwagon tomorrow, using hickory pellets for the first time.
Here's some pics of what I've been cooking lately:
First steak I cooked on GrillGrates (I love these things!)
steak-1.jpg

Hawaiian Chicken sandwiches (Marinated in soy vey island teriyaki, grilled pineapple, on king's hawaiian buns)
teri.jpg

and last nights dinner:smoked beef tenderloin-rubbed with plowboys bovine bold, lemon pepper, cracked pepper, smoked over applewood/hickory mix.
beef.jpg

sliced.jpg

It was a little over done, my thermometer died on me so I had to guess on cook time. Still came out pretty good. Even though it's way more done than I'd like it was still really tender.

You're killing me Smalls! (I love The Sandlot!). Everything looks great. You will love the Spacthcock because it is so easy and comes out great. Keep posting pics.

Smalls

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm cooking on a weber performer (basically a souped up kettle) using the foil pouch method for the smoke, but most of the food I posted was cooked on a $30 Aussie walkabout w/grillgrates. While I'd love a MAC, it's not in the family budget anytime soon. BP, you might remember I'm the guy that called you a few weeks ago about the PK Grill. I still want one, but for now the weber is doing fine. Well, off to get dinner started. Spatchcock chicken, smoked baked potatoes, and grilled corn. I'll post pics later.

Smalls

Patrick, I'm really pleased with mine. It's almost as convenient as a gas grill, but you still get that flavor from the coals. Plus it fixes the one problem I had with a Weber I owned years ago. I couldn't get that thing to light unless I used Match-lite. And even then it was hit or miss. Not with this one. The propane assist is great. No more messing with chimneys! The other features are really nice as well (lid holder, hinged cooking grates, coal baskets, work surface, etc).

TentHunter

Welcome to the forum smalls. I have an almost identical Weber performer. They're great cookers and hold up very well. Save your pennies and you'll be into a pellet grill before you know it!

Top Bottom