Smoker Box

RONIN

Howdy all- I'm fairly new here been lurking a while and finally pulled the trigger on a 2 Star General this afternoon. I stopped at the factory and introduced myself to Bruce and Kristina....great folks and knew right away this is where I wanted to spend my money. Their product and craftsmanship is amazing. What I'm curious about and after an extensive search came up empty handed. I'm thinking about having the smoker box added to my unit while it's getting put together because I anticipate making lots of elk and deer jerky. I'm looking for thoughts and feedback from those who have the smoker box.....should I throw in the smoker box now because it is a must have or should I wait for a later update and save the cash for now....

Your thoughts are appreciated. Thank you

MAK DADDY

Hi Ronin, first off thank you for supporting Made in USA MAK Grills!
I don't use the Super Smoker Box that often for smoking but constantly for extra storage and holding capacity. Those that cold smoke a lot use it the most. I would suggest using the grill and the cold smoke side as is for a while to see if you like that better than smoking on the main chamber. If so then the SSB will be a great addition for you.
Have fun with your new MAK!

KyNola

Straight from the owner of the Company! You have to appreciate that MAK DADDY suggested you use your MAK as is for a while rather than to immediately try to sell you the SSB. That speaks volumes about the type of Company you are dealing with.

sptucker

I use mine a fair amount for cold/warm smoking. It's great for cheeses and salmon. But my favorite use is for smoking home-made bacon. It's usually 90-100 degrees cooler than the main grill area of my MAK2, so it's perfect for smoking CURED bacon. My last outing (last week, actually), I smoked 10lbs of bacon on SMOKE setting for 16 hours and the Super Smoker Box was around 80-85 degrees the whole time. This batch has been dubbed "Best Yet" by family and friends...

If I had to do this over, I would have bought the SSB right away and gotten the fitted cover from the start. Now I have the SSB and the original cover and, while it kinda covers things up, it is not pretty...

RONIN

I went all in and got the whole shooting match....first smoke found 3 racks of St. Louis ribs in the rib rack and three racks of beef jerky in the smoker box....jerky is unreal...!! Love my Mak and the Mak customer service I received. I'd post pictures but the site doesn't want to let me do that from my phone......

scooter

Welcome to the MAK family Ronin! That MAK rib rack is the best rib rack I've found and I've purchased quite a few of them in the past.

Top Bottom