Smokers we have a problem

Duke

Sorry I haven't contributed in a while, I have been busy with work and doing wife things. But everything is great.

I now have tried 4 times smoking ribs, babies and un-cut full rack ribs, and I can't get them to be fall off the bone ribs.

I have tired the foil method, they just don't look as good as the 4 hours 200 degrees method.

Please help me smokers.

RickB

Sorry I haven't contributed in a while, I have been busy with work and doing wife things. But everything is great.

I now have tried 4 times smoking ribs, babies and un-cut full rack ribs, and I can't get them to be fall off the bone ribs.

I have tired the foil method, they just don't look as good as the 4 hours 200 degrees method.

Please help me smokers.

Four hours at 200 is not going to make it. Try the 2-2-1 at 225. 2hours no foil,2 hours foil with alittle love, 1 hour to firm up. Works for me every time.

sparky

you want great ribs it goes like this.

glue / rub on ribs.

PA120011.jpg

set smoker to 275º and let her warm up.

ribs on.

PA120012.jpg

1 hour in flip.

PA120014.jpg

2nd hour in FL (foil love = 2 sheets of foil / 1 tbs butter / honey / brown sugar).

PA120023.jpg

my favorite part.

PA120034.jpg

FL back on for 1 hour.

unwrap at 3rd hour (careful, juice is very, very hot) and put pack on. pour juices back over ribs.

PA120044.jpg

cook for another 30 to 45 minutes.

use toothpick to check for doneness. toothpick should go threw like butta. you want some pull back on the meat on the tip of the ribs also.

PA120050.jpg

let rest while you have a FT. after FT ribs are ready. :cool:

Last edited:

RickB

you want great ribs it goes like this.

glue / rub on ribs.

set smoker to 275º and let her warm up.

ribs on.

1 hour in flip.

2nd hour in FL (foil love = 2 sheets of foil / 1 tbs butter / honey / brown sugar).

FL back on for 1 hour.

unwrap at 3rd hour (careful, juice is very, very hot) and put pack on. pour juices back over ribs.

cook for another 30 to 45 minutes.

use toothpick to check for doneness. should go threw like butta. you want some pull back on the meat on the tip of the ribs also.

let rest while you have a FT. after FT ribs are ready. :cool:

If he wants fall off the bone ribs this IS the recipie. Tried this last time and could not get them out of the foil without falling apart. IMO like them a little firmer. I also tried the foil love last time and that is the bomb. Will be using that from now on.

Duke

Thanks gentlemen, that is what I will do the next time I try to do fall off the bone ribs.

Sparky they look fantastic.

warpath

I do them basically the same way as sparky but with the foil I delete Honey(I'm allergic to it) and add about a 1/2 cup of Newcastle Ale..

seeya
Dave

ACW3

Sparky,
Have you given any thought to producing and selling "Sparky's Ribs Screen Savers"? You better plan on including a towel to keep the keyboards dry.

Art

Duke

Thanks gentlemen, I took my already smoked ribs, foil wrapped them put into the oven and steamed them for 2 hours and they became, the fall off the bone ribs, I could of used that cooking class this last weekend. But I am learning.

Thanks for all your input, from me it doesn't go unnoticed.

rbaggett

All of the above is good advice, but simply stated if the meat doesn't come easily off the bone, you haven't cooked them long enough or your buying poor quality meat.

RickB

Sparky,
Have you given any thought to producing and selling "Sparky's Ribs Screen Savers"? You better plan on including a towel to keep the keyboards dry.

Art

Preaching to the choir brother can i get an amen!

Top Bottom