Smokin "JERKY"

Zephyr

Smoked three pounds of Grass Fed ground beef on three trays in the Mak warmer tray section for three hours at 142 degrees. Then put them in the food dehydrator for 12 hours at 150 degrees. The three flavors were Cajun, Fajita and Pepperoni.

ZEP

P1000393.jpg

P1000400.jpg

Zephyr

what temp was the MAK set at to get the 142 in the smoke box?

I had it on smoke with a grate prob in the smoke box. Outside temp will also effect your temp. Probably the type of pellets you use also ................... ZEP

Last edited:

ACW3

Looks mighty good to me. I am getting ready to make a supply of elk jerky to take on a hunting trip later this year. You have inspired me to get started. A couple of different flavors would be a good idea. Were your seasonings homemade or store bought?

Art

Zephyr

Looks mighty good to me. I am getting ready to make a supply of elk jerky to take on a hunting trip later this year. You have inspired me to get started. A couple of different flavors would be a good idea. Were your seasonings homemade or store bought?

Art

They were store bought, but I think next time I'll do home made to my taste. I don't like things that are real salty or super sweet. ...Zep

Top Bottom