Smokin Side Dishes

Buffalotom

I have a problem. We are invited to a party for the fourth with my sons future inlaws. They are grilling chicken with gas, ugh. I have shown him the smokers, but he does not see it to be that important. We asked what we can bring. They told us we should bring a side. Any suggestions on the perfect side to show off what a smoker can do? Ma ny thanks!!

TentHunter

Poppers are always a hit (Armadillo eggs, ABT's, etc.) and they don't have to be jalapeno; you can do sweet peppers as well.

Smoked Mac & Cheese is KILLER good.

And potatoes, there's 1,000 different potato dishes you can do. Seasoned roasted potatoes with onions are always a big hit around here. They're good as is or, if you like, you can top them with cheese (whatever kind you like) or bacon or both.

Edit: Oh I almost forgot bacon wrapped asparagus, brushed with a little butter and Italian dressing at the end always disappears with no leftovers!

Last edited:

bflodan

Ive done some twice baked potatoes that are amazing!! Tons of smoke flavor!!! You first bake them then shred with a grater mix with cheese, sour cream and seasonings then back on the MAK... I have them posted on here, you could probably find them with the search if your interested...You wont be disappointed!!

Top Bottom