Soon to be a 2012 MAK 2 Star owner!!!!!

GA Que

I have been in the market for a new smoker and have learned so much from this site regarding the different pellet smokers and can't say enough from all the HONEST and GREAT feedback I'm reading. Its sounds like a great group of people on here! I have heard nothing but great things from BP and also have had great and prompt replies back from the people at MAK. That being said, I will be purchasing a 2012 MAK 2 Star in the next couple of weeks and will be ordering mine from BPS. Hopefully being a native of Southern California and now living in Atlanta for the last ten years I can come up with some good West Coast/Southern goodness. My first smoke will be an amazing smoked tuna dip that will have you and your guests saying that it is the best they have ever had. I will post some pics and will even provide the recipe for just being a great group of smokers and soon to be friends.

Gregoryalln

The 2 star is an amazing grilll, I love the quick change drip pan. You won't be disappointed. BPS is a great guy to go to, he also gives some pretty good pointers.

ACW3

Hey GA Que,
Great choice of the MAK 2 Star. I love mine and wouldn't trade it for the world. I might add another grill one of these days, but I wouldn't trade it. If you calendar is open on June 23, you should consider coming to the SEGASO in Savannah. You'll get to meet a bunch folks from several forums and taste some truly fantastic food. It would be a wonderful time to show case your smoked tuna dip.

Art

Buffalotom

Welcome to the family. Yesterday I stopped by the Mak facilities and looked over the 2012 2 Star. Wow!! That is a nice grill. They have done a great job on improving an already great grill. You are going to love it.:D

RickB

Welcome to the Mak family. Great to see another Mak owner in the atlanta area. Your going to love your grill. BTW if your thinking of attending SEGA let me know. I'm driving down and would love the company.

GA Que

well, I finally committed and purchased a MAK 2 Star today and can't wait to get it. Im just sitting here like a kid waiting for christmas to come. I purchased from BPS and chose the 2 Star package deal, I think I'll have everything I need to get started.

RickB

well, I finally committed and purchased a MAK 2 Star today and can't wait to get it. Im just sitting here like a kid waiting for christmas to come. I purchased from BPS and chose the 2 Star package deal, I think I'll have everything I need to get started.

Yes you will and you are so going to love it! Buy lots of pellets. I started of with 3 flavors ,i am currently at 5 headed to 6. My advice to start.. apple and hickory for pork. Oak for high temp grilling. Winesoaked oak for beef and cherry for a change. Have fun!

Last edited:
Top Bottom