Sooooo depressed.

Koolranch

My wife told me in a fit of rage that she is sick of smoke and BBQ. I think all week about what to make and now I am banned from the Traeger. So I need some group therapy from my fellow BBQ family. Any thoughts and condolences are welcome and encouraged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparky

my wife gets tired of me all the time w/ my maks. she says i have a outside mistress. but dear i love you but my maks are my lovies. also my maks are on the side of my house. my wife get mad if i don't close the bathroom windows and smoke comes in the house. learn to say yes dear. then when she goes to bed bust out the traeger. ;)

jafrey711

I would work the less mess equals less work for you angle. Provided your not leaving it for her. Or BP could be right I traded mine in for a younger model and it works great. LOL

Koolranch

Thanks, I guess weekends like this are for my foodsaver stash. I'll resurrect some pulled pork.

383inTheD

Beans and Sausage fix everything

Not sure where you are located, but purely by cooking outdoors can be a benefit. If she is remarking about the smoke flavors, try cooking something in an enclosed baking dish. Maybe put together a navy bean, sausage, onion, carrot and beef or chicken base, with some rosemary and letting that go for a bit will cheer her up. At least you'll have something to laugh about a few hours later...

FLBentRider

My first thought was "pizza!"

Sometimes around here it goes like this "I'm making ribs (for myself and work lunches during the week), what do YOU want me to cook for YOU?"

ACW3

KR,
There are lots of "things" to cook on the old pellet pooper that don't necessarily have to be smoked. If the temps are high enough, there is no smoke flavor to them. I recently did some shrimp and lobster tails at a temp of about 350. Quick and to the point. Basted both in some garlic butter. I get some "3 wings to a pound" chicken wings fresh from the chicken processing plant nearby. You can smoke them for a while and kick up the temp to crisp them up, or just go for the crisping temp right away. Not really BBQ as such.

One of these days I am going to make a cheesecake on mine. After tasting Deb's savory and bourbon pecan cheesecake this past June -- Oh Man! That, my friends was worth the drive to PA.

Art

Chili Head

Make her a nice pizza! And then do some kind of desert.
You can do cakes and pies with no smoke flavor. Try some brownies!

Koolranch

Thanks everyone. Ive been wanting to do homemade pizza for a while so I'll try that tomorrow.

Patrick_CT

When you are not using the grill.. who cooks? i know that I cook 80% outside and 50% inside with the wife making up the rest.. so the more the grill is used the less she is cooking.

sparky

so the more the grill is used the less she is cooking.

thats the way it works in my house. my wife likes it when i'm outside cooking. i am out of her hair and not bothering her. i have been married 30 yrs or so. she goes and sees jerry or al the butcher and buys meat for me to cook outside. al and jerry know what i like so she just gives them a dollar amount and they get the goodies. i got a good wife. can't figure out why she loves me. ;)

ExhaustedSpark

I am sooooo lucky. I just cook dinner, lunch Breakfast any time i want. Then when i am done and she says that was great honey i go and do the dishes and clean up. Remember real men do dishes.
And then later that nite wow. I gotta say uuuuhhhhh never mind you will have to figure that out yer sef.
Karl

Top Bottom