St. Lawrence Market

51Phantom

I am very lucky to work close to the St. Lawrence Market in downtown Toronto. St. Lawrence Market was recently voted by National Geographic as the best food market in the world. I take all that with a grain of salt, but it is a great place to get some meat. I snapped a couple of quick picks on my BB of just a fraction of the meat selection. Next time I go I will take a better camera and take some good photos of a bunch of stuff, from meat to cheese to breads to mustards to saugages and on and on.
Cool place if you are ever in Toronto.

Toronto-20120928-00061_zps9787d78e.jpg

Toronto-20120928-00060_zps70f29e95.jpg

This one is blurry damn!
Toronto-20120928-00062_zps91fcff1f.jpg

Ended up with a Tri-Tip, which I don't see too often up here, some beef short ribs and some regular pork ribs.
Doing the Tri tonight.

Last edited:

RickB

Dont know about the best but looks pretty good to me. Anyone with a great meat/farmers market near them is very lucky! Most people dont even know they are near them.

51Phantom

That is just a tip of the iceburg, but i agree with you. Best is very subjective. I do feel lucky to have it.

Kite

That is some good looking meat.

I don't know about where you live, but the farmers markets around here have very little food - mostly crafts and such. Very disappointing. The one in Everett only has one meat vendor and their stuff didn't look all that good to me.

Top Bottom