Steaks from roast beef

Wing Commander

Today I grilled some steaks from a roast beef. I just seasoned them with black salt and seared them at about 600 F on the Louisiana Kentwood with mesquite pellets.

DSC05085.JPG

DSC05086.JPG

DSC05087.JPG

Then I pulled them, seasoned them with a pepper mixture und tossed them on the Louisiana CS-450 at about 250 F with alder pellets.

DSC05090.JPG

DSC05093.JPG

Then the steaks were plated up with mango- and salmon-creamcheese on salad leaves and baguette.

DSC05095.JPG

DSC05103.JPG

DSC05105.JPG

ACW3

TILT!!! Great looking steaks!! Is there any particular taste to the black salt that stands out? I just bought a small packet of black truffle sea salt that is over the top. The lady in the store said she used it one some popcorn with outstanding results. I don't want to waste it on popcorn until I have tried it on other foods first.

Art

Wing Commander

TILT!!! Great looking steaks!! Is there any particular taste to the black salt that stands out? I just bought a small packet of black truffle sea salt that is over the top. The lady in the store said she used it one some popcorn with outstanding results. I don't want to waste it on popcorn until I have tried it on other foods first.

The taste is IMHO a bit milder than usual salt. That's why I used it. I usually take Murray River Salt from Australia for steaks, which is quite mild, too. I wanted to try out this one for the color effect. As the black color of the salt comes from charcoal, the effect is more on the texture than on taste in general. If you use it in risotto the texture gets a bit more creamy for example.

And yes, you're right: do not waste it for popcorn! It is really perfect for risotto or fish.

Top Bottom