Storage Below 2 Star?

nileriver

I was wondering if anyone has put any shelving/storage units underneath the 2 star. I will be keeping my pellets in the garage and would like something to hold all of the accessories I have for the 2 star. Any recommendations on what to get/build?

MAK DADDY

Like Jim stated it gets hot under the grill so only store non flammable items on the bottom shelf.
We are in the process of making a cabinet kit for the 2 star to semi enclose that area but no shelves at this time.
If you decide to make something just be sure to use metal.

nileriver

Like Jim stated it gets hot under the grill so only store non flammable items on the bottom shelf.
We are in the process of making a cabinet kit for the 2 star to semi enclose that area but no shelves at this time.
If you decide to make something just be sure to use metal.

The cabinet kit sounds just like what I need. When will more information be released about it?

SmokinKat

Good morning Nileriver! Just got some photos done up, thanks for your patience!

2-Star_Cabinet_3_zpsviavm104.png

2-Star_Cabinet_5_zpswglpinnn.png

Quadman750

By the looks of it the shelf mounts on the outside of the legs & when the door opens it is on the inside of the legs, I was wondering why the door was in from each end, now this is probably why. It looks like it will still work.

MAK DADDY

It appears you have to give up the front shelf if you want the Cabinet Kit?

No, we designed it to fit with the front shelf installed but the door will only open 90 degrees with the front shelf on.
We are using lift off hinges too so you can easily remove the door if you like for access or cleaning.

The hardest part for existing grill owners will be drilling the holes in the legs to mount the panels and hinges. We include a couple drill bits and drill templates but you will need your own cordless drill. The screws are hex head so you can use the tools that came with your 2 Star. There are full instructions with the kit.

2015 2 Star models will already have the mounting holes in the legs for those who want the cabinet kit.

Top Bottom