Stuffed Mushroom Recipe?

Ozric

This is not a recipe for stuffed mushrooms, it's for a portobello mushroom burger (based on an old Traeger recipe). Perhaps you can adapt it?

Smoked Portobello Mushroom Burgers

Ingredients:

4 large Portobello mushrooms, each 4- to 5-inches across
3/4 cup Carne Asada Marinade, or your favorite marinade for beef
1 onion, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
4 ounces mozzarella or Muenster cheese, thinly sliced
1 large ripe tomato, thinly sliced
4 tablespoons butter, melted
4 large Kaiser-style hamburger rolls, split
1 large ripe tomato, thinly sliced
Pickles, lettuce leaves, mayonnaise, mustard, and ketchup for serving

Preparation:

Wipe the mushroom caps clean with a damp paper towel. Remove the stems. Put the mushrooms and the onion slices into a resealable bag along with the Carne Asada Marinade. Marinate, refrigerated, for 4 to 6 hours. Drain. You can refrigerate the marinade and reuse if desired, since it only touched vegetables, and not meat.

When ready to cook, preheat the grill to 180°F.

Arrange the mushrooms (gill-side down) and onion slices on the grill grate and smoke for 30 minutes. Increase the temperature to 350°F, and flip the mushrooms gill-side up. Cook the mushrooms and onions for 15 to 20 minutes more, or until the mushrooms are tender. The onions can still retain a bit of crunch. When the mushrooms are almost done, top each with one-fourth of the cheese. Brush the cut sides of the rolls with the melted butter. Grill, cut-side down, for a few minutes, or until they just begin to brown.

Transfer the bottom halves of the buns to plates or a platter. Top with the cheese-filled mushroom, onion slices, tomato, pickle, lettuce leaves, and bun tops. Serve with the suggested condiments.

scripts22

Thanks Ozric. Recipe looks great but I'm making apps to go along with babybacks. I found a pretty good recipe on Allrecipes that I just throw on the Traeger.

TrickyDick

One of my employees makes a pretty killer Reuben stuffed mushroom with kraut, corned beef, and I think some stinky Swiss cheese and 1000 isle dressing. I will see if she wants to share the recipe, but that concept might be worth a shot. She does them in a regular oven though, so probably even better on a Pellet smoker and with some rub of course...

TD

Top Bottom