Stuffed Pork Tenderloing Medallions

Susan

Stuffed Pork Tenderloin Medallions
When I start to cook I usually have a destination and pretty good idea where I’m going but sometimes things take a very interesting detour. Today I laid out some ingredients but wasn’t quite sure who was going to make the team for today’s cook.
008.jpg

I cut the pork tenderloin in one inch thick medallions and seasoned them with some BP’s Double Secret Steak rub and put them in a bath of some garlic EVVO and fresh rosemary to soak up some happiness.
Next I cooked up some pancetta, added some fresh chopped garlic, sun dried tomatoes and a handful of fresh baby spinach. Photos got a little scarce at this point. Between shooing away the cat and trying not to step on the dog, I just wasn’t reaching for the camera.
011.jpg

Once the spinach was wilted I chopped everything and set it aside to cool.
At this point I decided to try something different and peeled and shredded a couple Yukon Gold potatoes. I mixed them with an egg, cream, a little flour, salt and pepper and made some potato pancakes.
012.jpg

Now it was time to head outside to get the Weber set up. I ran downstairs and stopped at my computer and here is where things start to get really interesting. Deb and I had had some communication earlier in the morning about taking the dogs for walk but time-wise it just wasn’t going to work for me since I wanted to cook and had to get to “work” at 5PM. I knew what she was going to cook today and I really, really wanted a sample. The solution was really very simple. The dogs could play together and I could get a sample of Deb’s cook, if she was willing to share her MAK2 so that I could cook my pork medallions at her house. Deb agreed so I packed up all my food preparations, loaded up the dog, the camera and off we went.
Once at Deb’s, with the dogs happily playing, I cut pockets into the medallions and spooned in the spicy spinach stuffing.
013.jpg

They went on the MAK for some smoke and then Deb set the temp for 350. Oak and cherry pellets were in the hopper.
014.jpg

And here is the plated shot:
019.jpg

The dogs are tired, the pork was delicious and Deb’s/Scooters bananas, fabulous. Oh, and cooking on the MAK, priceless. Thank you, Deb.

Top Bottom