Sunday Gravy

Deb

Been a busy weekend, yesterday had stuff that needed to be done in the morning, knew I had to kayak today. So needed to think ahead to tonight's dinner, needed something that was going to be quick.... yesterday was cool so it seemed like a good day to make some pasta sauce.... ribs - ahhh, I saw a post on serious eats awhile ago - Grilled sunday gravy.....

so here goes.........

a bunch of tomatoes onto the MAK, s&p & evoo drizzed on, on smoke for a bit, ramp up the temp and let them get nice and roasty
photo-122.jpg

the meats..... made some meatballs, rolled up some beef for braciole (bread crumbs, lots of parm, garlic &I, hot italian sausage and the ribs (just salt & pepper on the ribs)

been playing with the weber some (still haven't really figured it out) - the meats onto the weber just to brown, a handful of oak pellets
photo-120-2.jpg

photo-121-1.jpg

Some onions, evoo into a pan, then some garlic, some herbs, add a can of tomato paste. Skinned and then hand crushed the tomatoes into the pot for the pasta sauce base
photo-123.jpg

cut up the ribs into single pieces then into the pot, added the sausage and let simmer for a few hours, added the braciole and meatballs for awhile

photo-126.jpg

into the fridge overnight

today.... beautiful day, little windy, could see Long Island, bit of a parking problem :eek:
photo-121-2.jpg

IMGP0035.jpg

to be continued

Deb

cooked some rigatoni until almost done , drained off most of the water and added some of the sauce into the pot, finished off with the sauce....

pasta with rib sauce :) , couple of meatballs, sausage, couple slices of the braciole and the rib sauce . grated some parmesan over the top, roasted garlic ciabatta grilled on the MAK
Untitled.jpg

Top Bottom