Super Bowl Snacks

SmokinMAK

Hey gang. It's that time of the year again. I find myself browsing through various websites looking for the perfect Super Sunday snacks. Then it hit me - The best place to look is HERE!

I know there are probably a number of appetizer/snack posts scattered throughout the site, but I thought I'd throw out an invite for everyone to share their very best in one place.

So how about it? Who is going to step up and kick this thing off?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chili Head

Smoked flank steak quesadillas! Easy to make and you can cut them into triangles. You'll get six triangles per quesadilla.
And..there good cold too for the snacking later. Put out some salsa, jalapeños, and sour cream..it will be a hit!

TentHunter

A couple years ago we did a twist on the "Crock-pot Meatballs in Grape Jelly-Chili Sauce". We did Moink Balls in a Grape Jelly-BBQ Sauce and man were they good!

Any kind of popper off the grill is good too.

xjeeper

I make buffalo wings by thawing the frozen wings in mesquite on my pellet grill @225, then deep fry in a cast iron dutch oven@375 in peanut oil for 10-15min (to desired crispiness), then toss in 1/2 franks red hot wing sauce/butter. I also just sprinkle some with any favorite rub and provide sauces for dipping.

TrickyDick

I picked up some wings, gonna try them a few different ways and still searching for the perfect crispy texture.
Also doing a brisket and pork shoulder.
Bringing out some home-made queso leftovers from X-Mas eve that's killer.
having about 30 folks over who will bring the rest of the goodies.
Thanks for the Wing prep recommendations.

TD

scooter

Smokey jalapeno cheese squares

I posted this awhile ago but I think it is very appropriate for a super bowl snack!

I've been lookin for another appetizer to make other than the usual suspects. Found this in my "BBQ Makes Everything Better" cookbook. It's really simple and has only a few ingredients, makes a bunch and the best part is it tastes fantastic!! Somehow most of the heat from the peppers were gone after baking. Only a nice gentle heat was left.

13x9 pan
8 eggs
16 oz bottle of sliced pickled jalapenos, drained and coursely chopped
2lbs cheddar shredded
Tapatio Sauce (My addition)
Ancho or chipotle chili powder (My addition)

Pictures below are a 1/2 recipe to test it out first.

IMG_8596.jpg

Cut up the japs and place on the bottom, shred the cheese and place over the japs
IMG_8597.jpg

Beat the eggs and mix in a tablespoon or more of Tapatio sauce (or to taste) then pour evenly over the cheese. Sprinkle some ancho chili powder over the top for some color. Then place in your smoker at 350 for 45 mins or until the cheese is melted all the way through.
IMG_8599.jpg

Oh yeah!! Cheesy jalapeno goodness!! Let it cool down
IMG_8604.jpg

Slice it into squares and chow down. Betcha can't eat just one!!
IMG_8607.jpg

IMG_8608.jpg

IMG_8609.jpg

So there it is! Smokey Jalapeno Cheese squares. Very simple and delish! Guaranteeed.

Last edited:

xjeeper

I have a brisket and a boston butt prepared to smoke, I need to go get some wings at costco, wing prices are outrageous! cabbage slaw, Chips and some other finger food, guacamole etc for brisket/ pork quesadillas, Shiner Bock, Negra modelo, Margarita fixins on the way.

SmokinMAK

Thanks for the input gang! I think I have settled on:

Baby Backs with Texas Rib Candy
Chicken Wings with Black Pepper sauce
Chicken Wings with Asian-style sauce
Texas Egg Rolls
Baked Cilantro Onion Rings
(and whatever my wife wants since she probably won't eat any of these).

Scooter - I reserve the right to make some of those Jalapeño cheese squares at my discretion - They look perfect!

Have fun everyone, and GO NINERS!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wneill20

Scooter, how did i miss your Smoked Jalapeno Cheese Squares? Here it is supper bowl day i already got munches plan out and i fine this. It is on my to do list for sure.

Top Bottom