Test to send photos

dpom

I don't know if this will work but here goes.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Upload to photobucket. Click on the img Code that copies it the put ur curser where u want the photo to display in the thread and click paste

dpom

Thanks I'll try again later.We have A son and daughter in law coming from NC that I'm sure will be able to help.The turkey came out great except the dark meat was a little under done. For a butt would you recommend cooking straight thru or foil at 160?

RickB

Thanks I'll try again later.We have A son and daughter in law coming from NC that I'm sure will be able to help.The turkey came out great except the dark meat was a little under done. For a butt would you recommend cooking straight thru or foil at 160?

Just depends on you preference. No foil adds a couple of hours cook time but results in a better bark. Foil gets you quicker cook time and i think a bit moister product. I still do both.

scooter

came out great except the dark meat was a little under done.

Did you cook it in a pan? The only bird I've cooked in a pan came out the same way. I cooked it in a pan and didn't rotate it in the pan. The pan acted like a heat shield and did a spectacular job of shielding the whole bottom half of the bird from the heat.
duh.gif

dpom

Yes that seemed to possibly to be the case.Will spatchcock on the grill thurs. I'm thinking the blanks on would be best is that correct?

Top Bottom