Thai Flat Wok on the Mak

Zephyr

Zep,
Would you give a detailed post of all the mods you have made to your MAK? With so many MAK-o-philes here, they need to see the fantastic mods you have made. I remember seeing them on the "other" site.

Art

Decided to make a Thai flat wok for my grill. The one on the Import Foods site was too big, 22", so I made one 20" to fit my grill. Cooking on a flat wok: Thai Street Vendor Video - Flat Wok Pad Thai - ImportFood.com

Heat retension ring:

P1000349.jpg

Base plate for wok:

P1000352.jpg

20" flat wok, used 1/4" flat mild steel plate:

P1000354.jpg

1-1/2" x 1/4" flat bar for sides:

P1000355.jpg

Base plat attached to heat retension ring:

P1000356.jpg

Base plate and retension ring in place over burner:

P1000357.jpg

Wok in place:

P1000358.jpg

Wok covered in lard to help build up non-stick surface:

P1000359.jpg

Burning in wok:

P1000360.jpg

ZEP

ACW3

ZEP,
I hadn't seen that one before. Really nice piece of work. With your tools, skills, and desire, you can build almost anything!! Do you have a hot spot in the middle right over the fire pot when you're cooking, or is this just the way your broke it in?

Art

Zephyr

ZEP,
I hadn't seen that one before. Really nice piece of work. With your tools, skills, and desire, you can build almost anything!! Do you have a hot spot in the middle right over the fire pot when you're cooking, or is this just the way your broke it in?

Art

It's suppose to be hotter in the middle to cook some food, then pull it off to the side and pull some more food into the middle to be cooked. There is a video at the beginning of the post that shows this being done. :) ........ ZEP

TentHunter

Very cool, I like this. I've been toying with the idea of having a plate made so I can use a regular wok in one of the pellet grills.

ACW3

ZEP,
Got it!! Similar concept to the Mongolian Hot Pots I have eaten at. Whoever is cooking has to keep on his toes or things can get overcooked in a hurry.

Art

dpom

Great job,I've been to Thailand twice on vacation, what a beautiful country. It is amazing what and how they make there mobile woks,and BBQS ect.. Only second to the great food they cook on them!! Thanks for the link.

Top Bottom