Thank you to Mak.

PappyFatcap

I haven't been able to make it back here in several months, but now that I've been able to get out of the house and get back into grilling and smoking season again, I wanted to say something about Mak as a company.

I had made a thread in this section of the forum about six months ago detailing some of my frustration with some of the problems I was having with my 1-Star. I think my post wasn't taken well here because it has since been deleted. I don't feel the post was overly harsh or critical and didn't warrant deletion, but that is neither here nor there at this point.

What I came to say is Mak is an awesome company to buy things from. Sometimes things break. Sometimes electronics go kerflooey on you. It's the nature of the beast. But it's how a company responds to their customer's problems is what truly shows me whether a company is made of quality people as well as quality product. Mak has been nothing but phenomenal when I've needed help. When I had a probe go bad, Mak had me one within three days. When the worst problems I had took place, Matt from Mak took the time to help me to try and diagnose the issue, and when it was realized that it couldn't be fixed I had a new Pellet Boss controller in my hands in a couple days. He even walked me through the simple process of installing the new one, as easy as it was.

Like I said, even with the best products, sometimes you just get snakebit when it comes to electronics. I just happened to be one of those people. But Mak deleivered in a big way to save me for a big cook I had coming up.

They are a great company. And I apologize if I ruffled any feathers of the BPS staff with my comments back then.

Oh and the Mak has been absolutely flawless since then......

Last edited:

mcschlotz

That's why we love MAK. Glad to hear you were taken care of. MAK's reputation for customer support is well known.

MAK DADDY

Thanks for the nice post, we really work hard to take care of the MAK family :) Glad to hear you are enjoying the smoker and look forward to hearing about your cooking adventures.

This site is operated by Big Poppa Smokers who sells MAK Grills so we try to keep the content mostly about smoking BBQ and less about service. Contacting MAK Grills or BPS directly for support is much faster and a more effective then a post here.

Top Bottom