Thanksgiving north of the border

ITFD#15

We celebrate ours October 9th, just in time for the fall harvest.
Hunting has begun turkey, deer, duck ,and goose are all in full swing and this is my favorite time of year..
I've finished my work in the bee yards for the day and now its time to cook!
I've got fresh chentrelle, and pasture mushrooms, a puffball and a nice squash from the garden.
100_0116.jpg
[/IMG]
Not sure what I'm going to do with these?
100_0090.jpg
[/IMG]
And a special treat for George since it is thanksgiving you know, a soup bone on the Traeger
100_0123.jpg
[/IMG]
Duck on the Traeger with a rub and imto the fridge for 12hrs then injected with butter and garlic and coated with a second rub.
Rub: An Indonesian style rub Cinnamon,surgar, cumin, allspice, cloves, ginger, garlic , and salt.
100_0119.jpg
[/IMG]

Acorn squash with brown sugar and butter
100_0124.jpg
[/IMG]

RickB

And a Puffball is what? never seen or heard of one. What does it taste like and how do you ccok it?

ITFD#15

Part 2

Thanks TentHunter that is right I slice them and grill them with EVOO they are a nice treat this time of year.
George would agree with you sparky.
100_0134.jpg
[/IMG]
Break time ok so addicted
100_0128.jpg
[/IMG]

ITFD#15

The End

This was the best part..
Mixed the mushrooms
Made a glaze for the duck with orange and Stinger Honey of course.
100_0127.jpg
[/IMG]
100_0135.jpg
[/IMG]
This was a great thanksgiving meal, the duck was perfect. Pulled it at 175 IT wrapped with foil, it finished well cooked perfect with lots of juice and flavor.
100_0139.jpg
[/IMG]
Stepped out of my element and did a desert, Smores in flour tortillas. Ingredients included marshmallows, peanut butter and nutella and grilled on the Traeger. Good to sweet for me.
100_0136.jpg
[/IMG]
100_0140.jpg
[/IMG]
Finished the hole thing off with a nice shot of Pernod
100_0141.jpg
[/IMG]
George is done and I am too
100_0145.jpg
[/IMG]
Keep your stick on the ice..

ITFD#15

Hey thanks everyone it was a fun cook. I have been wanting to do duck for some time now and the cinnamon based rub along with the honey, orange glaze made the hole thing perfect.

Top Bottom