Thanksgiving wouldn't have been the same without you.

roburado

Thanks, everyone, for all your help over the past few months. All the input, tips, answers, and advice were really helpful. Part of my journey in being here was to just share with people a common interest, to learn about something I enjoy. Part of it was preparation for a Thanksgiving with friends and family.

I did a big prime rib for the crew along with a spatchcocked turkey on the MAK. De Bebe and I did some other yummy things including a redundant turkey in the oven, which we almost had to rely upon, because I couldn't get the MAK to work--flameout due to auger logjam, which I had to clear before cooking. Things worked out well regardless, and there were many happy guests.

Anyway, I guess the point is that I feel I owe a debt of gratitude to this little community--BP especially. Thanks for the advice and inspiration.

roburado

Thanks, BP. Turkey Day was great! Our guests were very happy and impressed. I think my GF and I own her family's Thanksgiving now.

Good news about the auger jam, it was a pretty easy fix. It just freaked me out a little and delayed the start of my cook. Luckily, I started early enough that it wasn't a problem.

TentHunter

Thanks, everyone, for all your help... All the input, tips, answers, and advice...

...Anyway, I guess the point is that I feel I owe a debt of gratitude to this little community--BP especially. Thanks for the advice and inspiration.

Well said, and I have to second all of that! I especially like what you said about this being a little community. It really does feel like a bunch of friends you haven't met in person yet.

Top Bottom