The Perfect Gift

jafrey711

Last year I put together a couple bundles of rubs and sauces from Big Poppa Smokers and gave them as Christmas gifts. They were a hit. Will likely do it again this year and throw in The Big Bob Gibson BBQ Book as well or a Big Poppa Apron. So the question is what would be your prefect combo of rubs and sauces? ( you can only list five. )

Rip

In no particular order, my essential five: Plowboys Jerk, Plowboys Yardbird, BPS Desert Gold, BPS Double Secret, BPS Litle Louies Garlic Salt....oops, no room for sauces!

SmokinMAK

BPS Double Secret, BPS Desert Gold, Kirkland Organic No-salt Seasoning, Bone Sucking Sauce Rub, Lawrys Garlic Pepper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jimsbarbecue

My five from BPS would be:
Desert Gold
Hasty Bake greek seasoning
17th Street Magic dust
Head country Barbecue Sauce
wee willy's white sauce

Like Superman I do give these as gifts. they are well received

CarterQ

For me a nice mix would be-

Desert Gold
Double Secret
Plowboys Yardbird
Plowboys Fin and Feather
Big Bob Gibson Red Sauce

jafrey711

Lotta Big Poppa Rubs on there.
For me A bottle of Big Moes, Wee Willies White Sauce, Little Louis with Black Pepper, Double Secret and Pepper Plant Chunky Garlic.

TentHunter

BPS Little Louie's Garlic Seasoned Salt
BPS Little Louie's Garlic Seasoned Salt W/Black Pepper
Smokin' Guns Gun Powder
Smokin' Guns Sweet Heat

sparky

my favs are:

Little louies w/ pepper (great on pork and my favorite rub for my ribs)
Double secret steak rub (fantastic on steak & hamburgers)
Desert gold (good on fish, chicken, veges)
soileau's (love this stuff)
John henrys sugar maple (this stuff should be illegal its that good)
plowboys jerk
SOW chicken marinade (i don't know how it taste on chicken, i use this alot on all my fish. it gives fantastic flavor to all my fishes, shrimp and lobster)
john henry brisket rub

ok, i'm done.

Last edited:

RickB

Last year I put together a couple bundles of rubs and sauces from Big Poppa Smokers and gave them as Christmas gifts. They were a hit. Will likely do it again this year and throw in The Big Bob Gibson BBQ Book as well or a Big Poppa Apron. So the question is what would be your prefect combo of rubs and sauces? ( you can only list five. )

My address is.........

RickB

my favs are:

Little louies w/ pepper (great on pork and my favorite rub for my ribs)
Double secret steak rub (fantastic on steak & hamburgers)
Desert gold (good on fish, chicken, veges)
soileau's (love this stuff)
John henrys sugar maple (this stuff should be illegal its that good)
plowboys jerk
SOW chicken marinade (i don't know how it taste on chicken, i use this alot on all my fish. it gives fantastic flavor to all my fishes, shrimp and lobster)
john henry brisket rub

ok, i'm done.

Lobster, my personal demon. Usualy just cook the tails. Boiled, broiled, baked, fried, and the love of my life, thermador. Love it any way you can cook it. Ever smoked one you liked?

Last edited:

sparky

Lobster, my personal demon. and the love of my life, thermador.

my favorite food ever is lobster thermador. when my wife and i started dating. oh, lets just say a long time ago. we where at the monterey pier and stopped to eat. i had never had lobster thermador before so i got it. the best thing i ever put in my mouth. when we go to eat anywhere if they have it on the menu i get it. yummy stuff. thats 3 thumb up garth. :) sorry for rambling. bed time for me.

Deb

SOW bbq marinade
LL Garlic Salt w Pepper
Desert Gold
Plowboys Yardbird

BP/Jaffrey -- you gotta get the Soileaus Cajun to sell because that's a favorite with alot of us. It's different than the one you have, it has no msg.

HoDeDo

Who can argue with Lobster Thermador?! That is my favorite dish. I am pretty sure we posted pics from the rooftop of the Rio in Vegas over our anniversary... The VooDoo Cafe there has some of the best Lobster Thermador I've eaten!

And by the way, thanks to the folks that would put our marinades in your "gift basket" -- that is the greatest compliment. It's nice to hear when someone likes it, but when folks like it enough to share it with others, that is the ultimate complement! (Thanks Deb and Sparky!!)

Rip

Ah Andy, now you're making me feel bad... :) I love your marinade, but I didn't consider it a sauce! Believe me, If this had been rubs and marinades, you would be at the top of my list!! This thread is making me hungry, Jafrey, I hope this is leading up to a BPS Christmas sales special.

Top Bottom