This close to a Mak 2 purchase. Here is what I am thinking

Pappymn

I have done my home work......I think. My plan is to order the Mak 2 and the following:

Cover
Two upper half racks for maximum flexibility.
Griddle
Pellets

I "hope" to be a weekend smoker, so I think this will cover me.

For some reason this new adventure in cooking makes me nervous. A lot of money on the line. This forum has been very helpful. One day I hope I can contribute.

sparky

I have done my home work......I think. My plan is to order the Mak 2 and the following:

Cover
Two upper half racks for maximum flexibility.
Griddle
Pellets

I "hope" to be a weekend smoker, so I think this will cover me.

For some reason this new adventure in cooking makes me nervous. A lot of money on the line. This forum has been very helpful. One day I hope I can contribute.

get some mak searing grates or grill grates.

jimsbarbecue

New MAK Grill

I will tell you spending that much on a grill had me a little concerned. Now we cook on it most of the time something I never did with any grill I have owned. We have two MAK 2 star Generals now. A MAK sear grate is a nice addition and all the extras can be added at anytime.
They do so much with the new full size flame zone that can be all open or half covered. The MAK Griddle or Sear Grate and the extra shelf. A little secret is sometimes I use the extra shelf as the primary cooking area and have nothing on the lower grate. Just some of the neat features you will enjoy on your MAK Grill.

Pappymn

Thanks for the posts. Confirms my love of this blog. Does anybody else think once Sparky has spoken the issue is settled? Guy seems to have it figured out.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Sparky is our resident genius. I love him.

With the cooker you are choosing it just makes such great food. Most all of the posters here started exactly where you are and not that long ago...

I hope we get a chance at your business!

Buffalotom

The real nice thing about the Mak is that you are only nervous once. When you get it the nervousness ends and the joy begins!!!:)

Pappymn

Now I am confused about one thing....at least today. I see in some other threads that people purchase two or three probes (M2). Are these probes used as food probes or to take the internal temp of the MAK, or is it a combination?

Just thought of another question, would a person purchase the Searing Grate OR the Split Grate? Their would be no need for a person to have both? Or do I have this wrong and they serve different functions?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Big Poppa

Administrator
you dont need to buy the split grate it is standard...the searing grate is great and (hhehehehe) and is in he big poppa pack...there are three probe jacks in the pellet boss controller....you get one regular probe included...there is an up grade probe called the m1 They are for the monitoring of internal food temp

Top Bottom